Educational Leadership and Service
The mission of the Center for Educational Leadership and Service (CELS) is to support the development of leadership capacity in P-12 partner schools through sponsored research and professional development activities.
Initiatives of the Center may include:
- Continue the development of an instrument for assessment of leadership dispositions that is grounded in theory and validated through research. Such an instrument has potential for wide dissemination to institutions that prepare leaders of educational organizations, as well as in-service professional development programs.
- Serve school-university partnerships in preparation, certification, and support of “performance coaches” in educational leadership preparation programs.
- Seek external funding for sponsored research on leading technology innovation in P-12 schools.
- Provide professional development workshops, seminars, roundtables, etc., for P-12 administrators and/or teacher leaders on topics of current or emerging interest, e.g., leadership for STEM innovation and developing teacher leadership capacity
- Coordinate action research projects for P-12 partner schools with coordinators of Ed.S. and Ed.D. programs.