B.S.Ed. in Early Childhood Education
There are two tracks within the Bachelor of Science program in Early Childhood Education (ECED):
- The Traditional Single-Certification track leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) regular classroom teacher certification.
- The Dual-Certification track leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) teacher certification as both a:
- P-5 regular classroom teacher; and a
- P-5 special education teacher.
Both tracks consist of:
- coursework in the major field(s) of study,
- methodology courses addressing academic instruction, and
- core coursework in professional education.
During the program, you will have many experiences in actual public school classrooms prior to the student teaching semester. All field experiences, including student teaching, take place within a 60 mile radius of the Georgia Southern campus.
Upon successful completion of the program and passing either the Early Childhood Education or the Dual Certification GACE exam, you will qualify for Georgia’s P-5 teacher certification at the T-4 level.