Educational Leadership Tier II Certificate Program (Online)
The Educational Leadership Tier II Certification-only Program provides a unique opportunity for P-12 educational leaders to further develop the skills necessary for school administrative positions through a rigorous performance-based coursework/ program. This program is designed for those who already possess an Ed.S. or those who hold Tier I Educational Leadership Certification and are seeking Tier II Educational Leadership Certification. This 18 credit hour program is administered through a cohort model, and the course sequence is prescribed and provided to candidates at orientation. The 750 hours of clinical practice are job-embedded and performance-based throughout the program, and are guided cooperatively by the University and the school/district partner via Residence courses.
* Physical presence on campus is minimal and entails no more than eight (8) required campus visits.
*Admission requirements for the 2018-2019 academic year, beginning fall 2018.
The applicant must meet the following Georgia Southern University Requirements:
- For the Tier II Educational Leadership Certification Only Option, hold an Educational Specialist degree or Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution and a Level 6 or Level 7 Georgia Educator Certification.
- Present a 3.25 or higher GPA on all graduate work attempted.
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words, that identifies the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
- Three years school/district experience prior to admission to the program.
- Submit school/district endorsement and agreement for Residency at the Building or District Level.
- Hold a valid GaPSC Tier I Educational Leadership Certificate or the equivalent (a valid GaPSC-issued Standard Professional L or PL certificate in Educational Leadership) and are employed in a current leadership position.
||Does not admit
||Does not admit
*The application and all required documents must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
Other Program Requirements-GaPSC Requirements
Tier II of the Educational Leadership preparation program must be completed through an Ed.S. or Certification-only program. Admission is open to any individual who meets the Georgia Southern University and GaPSC requirements and providing that the candidate’s Local Unite of Administration (LUA) has entered into an agreement with Georgia Southern University that outlines the agreements related to Tier II Leadership preparation. Said agreement must state that the LUA and school agree to allow candidates to complete 750 hours of clinical practice (supervised field experiences) and provides supporting documents, as well as access to opportunities to lead and participate in leadership functions as appropriate for completion of leadership performances. Additional requirements are listed below; additionally, candidates must comply with any rule changes and/or additions instituted by the GaPSC affecting Educational Leadership certification.
- All applicants must present passing scores on the Educational Leadership Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE), Test 301, Georgia’s state-approved education lender certification assessment program, prior to program enrollment.
- All candidates must claim Georgia Southern University as their provider, which may be done by logging into your myPSC account (https:// mypsc.gapsc.org/Home.aspx). This must be completed prior to signing up for the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment-Program Entry (Test 370).
- All candidates admitted to any GaPSC-approved Educational Leadership program after fall term 2016, must have completed (does not have to pass) the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership Assessment-Program Entry (Test 370) prior to becoming enrolled. A candidate who completes this program entry requirement (Test 370) for Tier I, does not have to complete Test 370 for Tier II. Official documentation will be required.
- All candidates completing any GaPSC-approved Educational Leadership program on or after July 1, 2016, must attempt the Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership-Program Exit (Test 380) prior to completion and must pass the assessment to earn certification in the field of Educational Leadership.
- Per the GaPSC Educator Preparation Rule 505-3-.77, the ETS Performance-Based Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) will be used as a certification requirement for Educational Leadership Tier II.
- It is important to note that admission to and completion of Tier II does not ensure employment in a leadership position. Under state law, completion of an approved Tier II Educational Leadership program will not lead to additional pay until employed by a local Unit of Administration (LUA) in a leadership position that requires Tier II certification.
Last updated: 3/8/2018