Teacher Leader Endorsement
The Teacher Leader Endorsement (TLE) Program is a 9-credit endorsement (please see the program of study) administered through Georgia Southern University is intended to prepare individuals to serve in teacher leader roles in grades P-12. The TLE is governed by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) under the TLE Program Preparation Rule (Rule 505-3-.104) approved May 2014.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a current and valid Professional certificate or higher;
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university;
- Present a cumulative 2.75 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate and graduate work combined from an accredited college/university;
- Submit a completed “Disclosure and Affirmation Form” that addresses misconduct disclosure; criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance, and,
- Submit school/district endorsement and agreement for Clinical Practice.
Enrollment requirements for the TLE Program are the same regardless of whether an applicant holds a Master’s Degree or not.
GaPSC Requirements: Admission is open to any individual who meets the above-referenced criteria providing that the candidate’s Local Unit of Administration (LUA) has entered into an agreement with Georgia Southern University that outlines the agreements related to teacher leader preparation. Said agreement must state that the LUA and school agree to allow candidates to complete 90 hours of clinical practice/supervised field experience hours and provide supporting documentation as evidence. The candidate requires access to opportunities to lead and participate in leadership functions as appropriate for completion of leadership performances; however, candidates are not required to be in a leadership position/role nor does this TLE ensure advancement to a leadership role/position. Additional requirements are listed below; additionally, candidates must comply with any rule changes and/or additions instituted by the GAPSC affecting TLE.
Last updated: 3/21/2017