Elementary Education B.S.Ed. Certification Track
*The name of this program will change to the B.S.Ed. in Elementary Education effective August 2018. This degree program can be completed on either the Statesboro Campus or the Armstrong Campus beginning fall 2018*
There are two tracks within the Bachelor of Science program in Elementary Education:
- The Traditional Single-Certification track leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) regular classroom teacher certification.
- The Dual-Certification track leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) teacher certification as both a:
- P-5 regular classroom teacher; and a
- P-5 special education teacher.
By earning your bachelor’s in elementary education, you will experience:
- Coursework in the major field(s) of study,
- Methodology courses addressing academic instruction, and
- Core coursework in professional education.
During the program, you will have many experiences in actual public school classrooms prior to the student teaching semester. All field experiences, including student teaching, take place within a 60 mile radius of the Georgia Southern campus. Explore the Elementary Education program outcomes to find out what you’ll learn.
Upon successful completion of the program and passing either the Elementary Education or the Dual Certification GACE exam, you will qualify for Georgia’s P-5 teacher Induction certification.
Last updated: 2/22/2018