The Innovation Studio is a MakerSpace at Georgia Southern University located in Statesboro, Georgia.
The Studio serves teachers, students, faculty, staff, youth, and local community members. In the studio we strive to foster a culture of innovation and prepare future leaders to learn, make, and play with cutting edge technologies, while they seek solutions to real world problems. Please click the photo to view our full website.
The Innovation Studio in the College of Education at Georgia Southern University invites schools to submit a proposal to win a Makerbot Replicator Desktop 3D printer. We are looking for the school that presents the strongest proposal for integrating 3D printing into their educational activities including expected student learning outcomes, collaboration, service, and sustainability. There is only one 3D printer available, so there can only be one winner. Please reference the rubric (below) to guide you in writing the proposal.
- Who can submit? Educators and administrators who are employed by an area* P-12 public educational institution.
- What makes a good proposal? Please write a 5-7 page proposal covering all the aspects detailed in the rubric** (see below).
- When to submit? All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. (ET) on Friday, November 18, 2016, prior to Thanksgiving break.
- How to submit? Email completed proposals to email@example.com
- When will I learn about the results? The winner will be announced on Monday, December 12, 2016.
- Who do I contact for questions? Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Content Integration Plan||
|Expected Student Learning Outcomes (Skill, Knowledge, Attitude)||
|Dissemination and Service||
*”Area schools” are defined as a school within approximately 100 miles of Georgia Southern University.
The Innovation Studio will offer a Digital Media and Learning Summer Institute for teachers, STEM education for pre-service teachers, summer camps for children, professional development for faculty and staff, and invites interdisciplinary collaboratives. The Summer Institute dates for 2017 are forthcoming.
Contact Us via email: email@example.com
Last updated: 9/28/2016