M.A.T. Admission Requirements
- Please note: These programs admit new students year-round, but new cohorts do not necessarily start every semester:
- Middle Grades and Secondary M.A.T. cohorts start each fall.
- Health and Physical Education, Special Education, and Elementary Education M.A.T. cohorts start each summer.
- Spanish M.A.T. students can start any semester.
Applicants interested in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program in the Health and Physical Education, Middle Grades, Secondary, Special Education, and Spanish concentrations will have their transcripts evaluated as part of the application process to ensure content and GPA requirements are satisfied to begin the MAT program. The transcript evaluation will occur when all transcripts are submitted to Graduate Admissions and added to the applicant’s application.
The total hours for the degree are dependent on previous course work you have completed in the area of certification. Prerequisite content course work, based on the transcript evaluation, must be completed as a non-degree student before your admission into the program.
Regular Admission Requirements for the MAT (click to open)
Choose a concentration to see specific admission requirements
Last Day to Apply for Admission (click to open)
- MAT Elementary Education – March 15 for Statesboro campus,
April 1 for Armstrong Campus
- MAT Special Education – April 1
- MAT Health and Physical Education – April 2
- MAT Middle Grades Education, Secondary Education, and Spanish – July 23, 2018
Contact for MAT Admission Questions (click to open)
For specific questions about admission to the MAT, contact Ms. Lydia Cross, Graduate Academic Services Center, (912) 478-1447,
Last updated: 6/14/2018