Ed.S. in Reading Education
The Ed.S. in Reading Education is designed to meet the current demands of teachers in grades K-12 who possess or are eligible for a Professional Level Five Certificate in Reading Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, or Middle Grades Education as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the Master’s degree. Candidates in the program complete content specific requirements in reading education.
The program requires 33 semester hours and is unique in that it provides opportunities to:
- Collaborate with others across disciplines;
- Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills;
- Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research;
- Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning; and
- Conduct action research related to reading education
For more information please see our program video below.
Last updated: 5/25/2017