Reading Endorsement: Classroom Teacher of Reading Program (Online)
Reading Endorsement: Classroom Teacher of Reading Program *Offered Online
The endorsement program prepares individuals to teach reading at the grade levels of their certification.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possess a valid, level four or higher Induction, Professional , Advanced Professional, or Lead Professional teaching certificate.
- Complete 9 credit hours of prescribed course work.
- Submit a completed Disclosure and Affirmation Form that addresses misconduct disclosure, criminal background check, the Code of Ethics for Educators, and tort liability insurance.
*International transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES accredited evaluation service (www.naces.org)
*The application and all required documents must be received by the deadline. If all required documents are not received by the deadline your application will not be considered for admission.
For all admission deadlines, see the program deadlines by college web page.
Degree Requirements: 9 hours
*Please note this program of study is for the upcoming 2018-2019 academic year*
|READ 7131 Approaches to Literacy Instruction
|READ 7132 Linking Literacy Assessment with Instruction (field experience required)
|READ 7330 Literacy in the Content Areas
|Total Program hours
* Must successfully complete all program key assessments.
College of Education
Graduate Academic Services Center (GASC)
P.O. Box 8083
Phone: (912) 478-1447
Fax: (912) 478-5093
Last updated: 3/29/2018