Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement
The Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program is designed for individuals already holding or eligible for a clear, renewable T-4 or higher certificate in special education. This is the only state-approved Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program offered by a university in Georgia. This program will be offered on the Armstrong Campus beginning fall 2018.
The Special Education Transition Specialist Endorsement program develops highly skilled special education transition specialists who can demonstrate and explicitly explain:
- career development and transition planning for students with special needs;
- the vocational assessment for students with special needs;
- inter-agency planning and service for students with special needs as they transition to adulthood; and
- appropriate community environments, methods for linking community-based instruction, and the interagency agreement methodology for preparing students with multiple and severe disabilities for adulthood.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 OR in most recent degree or recommendation from employer.
- Documented T-4 (or higher) certification or equivalent state-issued, clear, renewable teaching certificate in special education;
- A current clear criminal background check conducted as directed by the College of Education. Note: This requirement may be waived only with evidence of employment as a full-time teacher of record in a public school in Georgia. Evidence must be presented on the College of Education’s Employment Verification Form.
- A student must be admitted to the university on a degree-admission basis.
Program of Study
Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
|SPED 8410 Career Development and Transition Planning
|SPED 8411 Vocational Assessment of Special Education Students
|SPED 8412 Interagency Planning and Service for Transition to Adulthood
|SPED 8413 Community-Based Instruction
|Total Credit Hours
Department of Elementary and Special Education
Dr. Robert Loyd
University Hall 212
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Phone: (912) 344-2905
Fax: (912) 344-3443
Last updated: 3/30/2018