Welcome to the SSC
The Student Success Center (SSC) provides the following services to undergraduate education majors and pre-education majors:
- Academic advisement for College of Education undergraduates seeking initial teacher certification.
- Advising each term by appointment and/or walk in hours.
- Advising to help a student access the services needed for a successful undergraduate experience.
- Quality, consistent academic advisement in a supportive and caring atmosphere.
- Help to future teachers so they understand what is expected of them both academically and ethically and to assist them in achieving their educational goals.
As an education major you will be assigned a professional advisor who specializes in your particular area of interest. Your advisor will meet with you on a regular basis and is available to assist you in planning and implementing your program of study. However, note that Georgia Southern University accepts the premise that ultimately a student’s program is his/her own responsibility.
How to Schedule an Appointment with the SSC through Grades First
- Log in to your MyGeorgiaSouthern
- Click on the Grades First link under My Services
- Appointments fill up quickly
- Keep your appointment
- NO SHOWING will be documented and could result in not being able to make another appointment and attending walk-in-and-wait.
Click Calendar to begin scheduling an appointment