The Department of Teaching and Learning at Georgia Southern University offers initial and advanced teacher preparation programs based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and the value of diverse, intensive field experiences in a range of grade levels and school settings.
The programs are devoted to preparing P-12 teachers to:
- address the diverse academic and affective needs of all students
- implement high academic standards for all students
- develop school and community partnerships as part of school instructional programs
- affect student learning among special school populations
- incorporate technological resources to enhance student learning
- apply best practices in P-12 schools