COE Advisement Center
The COE Advisement Center provides the following services to undergraduate education majors:
- Connection with faculty, administrators, and staff within the College of Education and across campus in order to maintain ongoing lines of communication to meet student needs.
- Recruitment of students to careers in education and to Georgia Southern University.
- Quality, consistent academic advisement in a supportive and caring atmosphere for College of Education undergraduates seeking initial teacher certification.
- Assessment of undergraduate education majors’ compliance with course prerequisite policies, GPA standards, state certification guidelines and University requirements for graduation.
- Help to future teachers so they understand what is expected of them both academically and ethically and to assist them in achieving their educational goals.
- Retention of student and timely progression.
- Development of students as they progress through their academic careers.
- Certification advice and aid to qualified students seeking teacher certification.
As an education major you will be assigned a professional advisor who specializes in your particular area of interest. Your advisor will meet with you on a regular basis and is available to assist you in planning and implementing your program of study. However, note that Georgia Southern University accepts the premise that ultimately a student’s program is his/her own responsibility.
How to Schedule an Appointment with the Education Advisement Center through Grades First
NOTE: Please do not drop by advisers’ offices. Preferred form of contact is through email.
- To schedule an appointment:
- Log in to your MyGeorgiaSouthern
- Click on the Making an Advisement Appointment – EAB Campus
- Appointments fill up quickly
- Keep your appointment
- NO SHOWING will be documented and could result in not being able to make another appointment.