Who is advised in the COE Advisement Center?
  • Undergraduates who are seeking initial level 4 certification are advised by the COE Advisement Center’s staff.
  • Graduate students are NOT advised in the COE Advisement Center.. If a person already holds a level 4 certificate or higher and is interested in add-on certification or is in a graduate degree program (MAT, M.Ed., Ed.S. or Ed.D.), he/she is advised by graduate advisors in the Graduate Academic Services Center.or by faculty in the appropriate department.
  • The College offers the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) and certificate programs for individuals who already have a bachelor’s degree but are not certified to teach. A person who has a college degree but is not certified to teach should contact the Graduate Academic Services Center for a transcript(s) evaluation. More information may be found

Last updated: 11/15/2019

Student Success Center • College of Education • Statesboro Campus • (912) 478-0698   OR      Armstrong Campus (912) 344-2570