Elementary Education B.S.Ed. Certification Track
There are two tracks within the Bachelor of Science program in Elementary Education:
- The Single-Certification track leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) general education certification. This track is offered on the Statesboro or Armstrong Campus.
- The Dual-Certification track, offered only on the Statesboro campus, leads to initial pre-school through grade 5 (P-5) teacher certification as both a:
- P-5 general education teacher; and a
- P-5 special education teacher.
By earning your bachelor’s in elementary education, you will experience:
- Coursework in the major field(s) of study,
- Methodology courses addressing academic instruction, and
- Core coursework in professional education.
During the program, you will have many experiences in public school classrooms prior to the student teaching semester. All field experiences, including student teaching, take place within a 70 mile radius of the Georgia Southern campus. Explore the Elementary Education program outcomes to find out what you’ll learn.
Upon successful completion of the program and passing either the Elementary Education or the Dual Certification GACE exam, and the edTPA portfolio, you will qualify for Georgia’s P-5 teacher Induction certification.
For program entry or transfer questions, please contact the COE Student Success Center directly at (912) 478-0698
Last updated: 8/6/2019