Department of Elementary and Special Education
The Department of Elementary and Special Education at Georgia Southern University offers undergraduate degree programs that lead to initial teacher certification in the areas of elementary education (P-5), special education (P-12), and elementary education and special education combined (P-5). All three areas also offer non-certification tracks that provide students interested in education the opportunity to take coursework with planned minors and concentration. At the graduate level, the department offers initial certification Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degrees in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12), Master of education (M.Ed.) degrees in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12), with concentrations in either general or adaptive curriculum), Education Specialist (Ed.S) degrees in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12). The department also offers an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction that is part of a USG collaborative with Valdosta State and Columbus State Universities. Many graduate programs offered by the department are 100% online. All programs are based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and value diverse, intensive field experiences in a range of grade levels and school settings.
- Elementary Education B.S.Ed. – On Campus-Armstrong, Statesboro, Liberty
- Elementary and Special Education B.S.Ed., Dual Certification – On Campus-Statesboro
- Special Education B.S.Ed. – On Campus-Statesboro
- Teaching M.A.T.
- Curriculum & Instruction-Accomplished Teaching M.Ed. – Online
- Elementary Education M.Ed. – Online
- Special Education M.Ed. – Online
- Elementary Education Ed.S. – Online
- Special Education Ed.S. – Online
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports Endorsement – Online