Department of Elementary and Special Education
The Department of Elementary and Special Education at Georgia Southern University offers undergraduate degree programs that lead to initial teacher certification in the areas of birth through kindergarten (B-K), elementary education (P-5), special education (P-12), and elementary education and special education combined (P-5). Each area also offers non-certification tracks that provide students the opportunity to take education coursework that does not lead to Georgia teacher certification.
At the graduate level, the department offers initial certification Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degrees in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12); Master of Education (M.Ed.) degrees in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12) general or adaptive curriculum; a Teaching and Learning Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree with concentrations in elementary education (P-5) and special education (P-12) general or adaptive curriculum; and Endorsements in autism and positive behavior intervention support. The department also offers an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction that is part of a USG collaborative with Valdosta State and Columbus State Universities. Many graduate programs offered by the department are 100% online. All programs are based upon the concept of developmentally appropriate practices and value diverse, intensive field experiences in a range of grade levels and school settings.
Explore your interests in the following degree programs, and find out which program is right for you!
- Elementary Education B.S.Ed. – On Campus-Armstrong, Statesboro, Liberty
- Elementary and Special Education B.S.Ed., Dual Certification – On Campus-Statesboro
- Special Education B.S.Ed. – On Campus-Statesboro
- Teaching M.A.T.
- Elementary Education – Online
- Special Education– Online
- Curriculum & Instruction-Accomplished Teaching M.Ed. – Online
- Elementary Education M.Ed. – Online
- Special Education M.Ed. – Online
- Teaching and Learning (P-12) Ed.S. – Online
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports Endorsement – Online