International Study Opportunity
* Due to concerns related to COVID-19, the International Study Opportunity has been temporarily suspended for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Please refer to this page for future updates.
International Study Opportunity – (ISO)
Goals: The goals of the ISO program include the following:
- To demonstrate the interrelatedness of diverse populations (locally, regionally, nationally, and globally).
- To gain a broader perspective on diverse learners, curriculum, and school settings.
- To apply teaching and learning research and theory.
Description: The ISO Option includes three components:
- An accelerated traditional (total of 11 weeks) student teaching experience during which time the student teacher must (a) complete a minimum of four-weeks of successful full-day teaching, (b) complete all program-specific student teacher requirements including edTPA portfolio, (c) earn a satisfactory performance in the accelerated student teaching experience.
- A four-week international student teaching experience during which time the student teacher must complete a set of ISO competency assignments at a satisfactory level. See the ISO Admission Instructions for a list of program requirements.
Last updated: 5/18/2020