International Study Opportunities
International Study Opportunity-Clinical Practice
* The International Study Opportunity- Clinical Practice is currently suspended, Please refer to this page for future updates.
Goals: The goals of the ISO program include the following:
- To demonstrate the interrelatedness of diverse populations (locally, regionally, nationally, and globally).
- To gain a broader perspective on diverse learners, curriculum, and school settings.
- To apply teaching and learning research and theory.
Description: The ISO Option includes three components:
- An accelerated traditional (total of 11 weeks) student teaching experience during which time the student teacher must (a) complete a minimum of four weeks of successful full-day teaching, (b) complete all program-specific student teacher requirements, (c) earn a satisfactory performance in the accelerated student teaching experience.
- A four-week international student teaching experience during which time the student teacher must complete a set of ISO competency assignments at a satisfactory level. See the ISO Admission Instructions for a list of program requirements.
International Course Work
With our Georgia Southern Campus in Wexford Ireland, and connections with the University of Bohemia in the Czech Republic many study abroad opportunities that align with required coursework are available. Please contact Alisa Leckie for further information and availability, email@example.com.
Last updated: 3/24/2022