Return to Home Program
The Return to Home program enhances student-focused practices while supporting school systems to recruit and retain high-quality educators. The initiative provides BSEd teacher candidates completing their clinical practice in Elementary, Middle, Secondary, and Special Education programs an opportunity to alleviate financial burdens associated with student teaching while reducing teacher staff shortages in areas throughout Georgia.
Candidates must read and meet all the criteria before applying to the Return to Home program.
Return to Home Criteria
- Candidates will not be placed in schools with family members employed, attending, or serving as an administrator or district personnel.
- The candidate must have access to a computer or electronic device with internet service to complete assignments, attend virtual meetings, and record quality teaching segments.
- The candidate must have a 3.00 overall adjusted GPA in all coursework. (Please consult your program for specific GPA requirements.)
- The candidate must have a 3.25 GPA in major (education) coursework. (Please consult your program for specific GPA requirements.)
- The candidate cannot have had any interventions during their work in program practicums. Exceptions may be allowed if the candidate has demonstrated strong growth.
- The candidate has a positive recommendation from their most recent university supervisor and an instructor from an on-campus course.
- The teacher candidate has at least one lesson plan and teaching rubrics completed by the University Supervisor. Rubrics ratings must be at acceptable guidelines for that candidate’s program.
Timeline and Deadline information
|Applications Open||Feb. 15 for (Fall)|
Sept. 15 for (Spring)
|Application Closes||Feb. 20 for (Fall)|
Sept. 20 for (Spring)
|Program Review||Completed by Feb. 20-March 20 for Fall)|
Sept. 20-Oct. 20 for (Spring)
|Acceptance Notification||March 20 (Fall)|
Oct. 20 (Spring)
*For specific semester application deadlines please see the application form button below*
Ready to apply?
Last updated: 9/6/2023