Important Update: We no longer accept applications for the Conversion Mechanism.
M.Ed. and Ed.S. in Instructional Technology, Instructional Technology Certification Georgia Southern University, a Georgia PSC Approved Program Provider Conversion Mechanism (Bridge Program)
The Georgia Southern University Instructional Technology Conversion Mechanism determines if candidates have met the Georgia PSC Instructional Technology Standards for IT Certification. It is designed for individuals seeking to add the Instructional Technology P-12 Certification to an existing Georgia Educator Certificate, based upon a previously completed Instructional Technology advanced degree.
Candidates eligible for the Conversion Mechanism must:
- Currently hold a valid, level 4 induction Georgia teaching certificate or higher
- Have earned a M.Ed. or Ed.S. in Instructional Technology or its equivalent at a Georgia-Approved institution or a Georgia-Accepted institution (an out-of-state institution that meets the requirements of being TEAC/NCATE/CAEP accredited or holds a Carnegie Classification of Research University-Very High Research Activity [RU/VH] or Research university – high Research Activity [RU/H]
- Have completed the degree no earlier than 2010
Step 1 – Application
Complete the Conversion Mechanism Application form.
Step 2a – Georgia Southern Graduates of the ITEC MEd or EdS programs
Move on to Step 3 – Payment
Step 2b – Graduates of other Institutions
Attach and send the following documents to email@example.com. Please list your Last Name and CM Documents in the subject line:
- Unofficial Transcripts for an M. Ed. and/or Ed. S. in Instructional Technology or equivalent
- Catalog course descriptions for all coursework completed
Step 3 – Payment
Before submitting payment have you…
- Completed the Conversion Mechanism Application form?
- Submitted your unofficial transcripts and catalog course descriptions (if a graduate of other institutions).
If so, submit payment for the non-refundable $55 Conversion Mechanism Fee.
The ITEC program faculty will conduct reviews of applications during the Fall and Spring semesters. Please allow up to 10 weeks for application processing*.
There are three possible outcomes:
- Additional documentation is requested (e.g. course syllabi, sample assignments).
- All ITEC certification requirements have been met by previous work and documentation. If so, a letter will be sent to the Certification Office and the Certification Officer will send program approval to the PSC. The applicant will work with the PSC from this point forward.
- Additional ITEC certification requirements must be met. If so, the applicant will receive instructions on how to meet the necessary requirements through coursework.
The applicant will be informed of the committee’s decision as soon as the application processing is concluded, and will be notified of when he or she must sign up to take the ITEC GACE. Please note that the Georgia Southern ITEC program will not certify you to take the ITEC GACE before the review is complete.
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that ITEC faculty do not meet to review applications during summer terms.
Last updated: 6/20/2018