Instructional Design and Technology Undergraduate Minor
The 100% online undergraduate Instructional Technology minor is an interdisciplinary minor that prepares students to tackle instructional and design challenges in any job setting by using technology to design, develop, utilize, manage, and evaluate learning and training systems. With the ITEC minor, you can find jobs in various settings, such as Human Resources, Professional Development, Corporate Training
Patient Education, Employee Training, Compliance Training, Continuing Education Training. Don’t believe us? Here are the results of a simple search for jobs.
The minor comprises five 3-credit hour courses and is open to all non-education undergraduate majors. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why minor in Instructional Technology?
- Prepare yourself to be a technology leader in any work setting from the government, healthcare, higher-education to business and industry.
- Inexpensive textbooks and materials that fit your budget.
- A fully-online program that accommodates your busy schedule.
- Demonstrate your learning through creative projects.
- Enter the job market with a professional portfolio in hand!
1. ITEC 2130: Instructional Technology and Design for the Workplace
Instructional Technology and Design for the Workplace is an interdisciplinary course where students design, and develop prototypes of creative, integrated multimedia projects to solve real-world problems and challenges. This course will introduce students to the design and employment of current mobile applications, instructional technologies, multimedia design, social media, and technology-integrated strategies for the workplace.
2. ITEC 3131: Principles of e-Learning
Principles of e-Learning is a foundational course that introduces students to theories and applied learning principles for the design of e-learning environments in professional and educational settings.
3. ITEC 3132: Introduction to Instructional Design
Introduction to Instructional Design prepares students to design and develop professional learning experiences and materials using different approaches for a broad range of business, industry, and educational settings. This course will introduce students to models of instructional design and technology integration.
4. ITEC 3133: Multimedia Message Design
Multimedia Message Design is designed to provide students with a framework to access, evaluate, and use information effectively and ethically. Students will explore the design processes that are used in the contemporary multimedia design.
5. ITEC 4134: e-Learning Project Management and Evaluation
This course is designed to provide the learner with an introduction to the management of e-learning development projects and the evaluation of e-learning experiences.
Last updated: 10/3/2018