Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education Online Program
A fully online program, the Education Specialist in Middle Grades Education (MGED) is designed for teachers in grades 4-8 as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the master’s degree. In the program, you will complete content specific requirements in your concentration area:
- Middle Grades Language Arts
- Middle Grades Mathematics
- Middle Grades Reading
- Middle Grades Science
- Middle Grades Social Studies
The program requires 33 semester hours and provides opportunities for you to:
- Collaborate with others across disciplines
- Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills
- Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research
- Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning
- Conduct action research related to early childhood education
The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and meets the PSC’s certificate upgrade requirements.
Graduate Academic Services Center
College of Education, Room 3166
P.O. Box 8083
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-1447
Fax: (912) 478-5093
Forms and Resources
Please click on the video below for more program information
For all Online Programs:
Federal Law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosures include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
Professional Certification Disclosure
The College of Education anticipates that graduates of the Ed.S. Middle Grades Education program will seek state licenses or certifications.
The program listed above lead to a Georgia Certificate Upgrade. Click here for more information from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. The College of Education has not determined where its programs will qualify a graduate to take the required exams in other states or territories. Click here to check the requirements of your state or territory.
Last updated: 1/21/2021