Ed.S. in Reading Education
The Ed.S. in Reading Education is designed to meet the current demands of teachers in grades K-12 who possess or are eligible for a Professional Level Five Certificate in Reading Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, or Middle Grades Education as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the Master’s degree. Candidates in the program complete content specific requirements in reading education.
The program requires 33 semester hours and is unique in that it provides opportunities to:
- Collaborate with others across disciplines;
- Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills;
- Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research;
- Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning; and
- Conduct action research related to reading education
For all Online Programs:
Federal Law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosures include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
Professional Certification Disclosure
The College of Education anticipates that graduates of the Ed.S. Reading Education program will seek state licenses or certifications.
The program listed above leads to a Georgia Certificate Upgrade. Click here for more information from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. The College of Education has not determined where its programs will qualify a graduate to take the required exams in other states or territories. Click here to check the requirements of your state or territory.
For more information please see our program video below.
Last updated: 7/30/2020