Seven presentations made by COE and partners at National Association of Professional Development Schools Conference
Pictured front row (l-r): Amee Adkins, Ph.D,, Nedra Cossa, Ph.D., Jessica Viller, Lindsay Buck, Deonn Stone, Ed.D., Suzanne Fleming, and Lila Duke. Pictured back row (l-r): Janel Smith, Ph.D., Meredith Tanner, Laine Lynch, Nicholas Wozniak, Ellen Whitford, Ed.D., and Cynthia Bolton, Ph.D.
Seven conference presentations were made by Georgia Southern University College of Education faculty and affiliates during the National Association of Professional Development Schools Conference held in Atlanta, Georgia, February 14-16.
Representation was present from the College and both Professional Development School partnerships including Richmond Hill High School (RHHS) in Bryan County and Hesse K-8 School (Hesse K-8) in Chatham County.
- “Put me in Coach–Effectively Mentoring and Coaching Student Teachers,” presented by Debi McNeal, RHHS principal, and COE faculty members Jana Underwood, Ed.D., Ellen Whitford, Ed.D., and Nedra Cossa, Ph.D.
- “Creating a High school Gay Straight Alliance Club,” presented by Nicholas Wozniak, M.Ed. Counselor Education candidate and Sean Sullivan, RHHS teacher
- “Creating Impact Through Professional Development and Collaboration with the High School Counseling Program,” presented by Debi McNeal, RHHS principal, Meredith Tanner, RHHS teacher leader, Laine Lynch, RHHS counseling department, and COE faculty member Ellen Whitford, Ed.D. and M.Ed. Counselor Education Candidate Nicholas Wozniak
- “Developing a Transformative PDS Partnership: Healthy, Collegial, and Self-Sustaining,” presented by Debi McNeal, RHHS principal, Meredith Tanner, RHHS teacher leader, Laine Lynch, RHHS counseling department, and College of Education’s Amee Adkins, Ph.D., and Ellen Whitford, Ed.D.
- “Smooth Transitions: Ensuring Effective Communication between School-University Liaisons,” presented by Hesse K-8 Teacher Leader Lila Duke COE’s Nedra Cossa, Ph.D.
- “Sustaining the PDS through Tumultuous Change,” presented by Deonn Stone, Ed.D., Savannah Chatham Public Schools; Kim Newman, Hesse K-8 principal; and COE’s Cynthia Bolton, Ph.D., Nedra Cossa, Ph.D., Ellen Whitford, Ed.D.
- “Building our P.L.A.C.E through a PDS,” presented by Jessica Viller, Hesse K-8 teacher and COE’s Janel Smith, Ph.D.
Posted in Conferences
Tags: Amee Adkins, Cynthia Bolton, Ellen Whitford, Jana Underwood, Janel Smith, Nedra Cossa, Nicholas Wozniak