Ed.S. in Secondary Education Online Program
A fully online program, the Education Specialist in Secondary Education (SCED) is designed to meet the current demands of teachers who are certified in a secondary education concentration area, as they pursue graduate preparation beyond the master’s degree. In the program, you will complete content specific requirements in your secondary certification field:
- Biology Education
- Broad Field Science Education
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Economics Education
- English Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
- Political Science Education
The program requires 33 semester hours and provides opportunities for you to:
- Collaborate with others across disciplines
- Explore teacher leadership opportunities and develop leadership skills
- Apply and extend content knowledge and pedagogical skills through the examination of curriculum and instruction issues and research
- Continue development of technology skills and develop skills in using technology to impact and assess student learning
- Conduct action research related to secondary education
The program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and meets the PSC’s certificate upgrade requirements.
Forms and Resources
Professional Certification Disclosure
The College of Education anticipates that graduates of the Ed.S. Secondary Education program will seek state licenses or certifications.
The program listed above leads to a Georgia Certificate Upgrade. Visit the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for more information. The College of Education has not determined where its programs will qualify a graduate to take the required exams in other states or territories. Check the requirements of your state or territory using the link provided.
For all Online Programs:
Federal Law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosures include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
Last updated: 3/23/2021