Earn a Graduate Certificate or M.Ed. in Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
Georgia Southern offers a tiered program to help teachers develop their skills and knowledge in order to better serve their culturally and linguistically diverse students. Each tier is comprised of coursework that aligns with TKES and culminates with an endorsement, graduate certificate or Master’s degree.
- Tier 1 – ESOL Endorsement
- 3 courses focused on culture, language and methodology. This Endorsement is offered at both the Graduate and Undergraduate level.
- Tier 2 –Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students (TCLD) Graduate Certificate
- 3 additional courses focused on teaching diverse students in the classroom, the curriculum and the community.
- Tier 3 – Master of Education in Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Student (TCLD)
- 6 additional courses focused on immigration, educational research, policy, literacy and culturally relevant pedagogy.
Courses are designed for practicing teachers or administrators, and many include application projects in your local context. Completion of all three tiers is NOT a requirement. **Pending SACSCOC approval
For a visual representation of the relationships between these programs, see diagram below.
Click the graphic to enlarge if needed.